Thursday, July 21, 2011

Welcome to the Theophany Project

When one reaches my point in life (I'm in my early 50s) one begins to think seriously about what really matters and about that to which one's time, efforts, and energy should be devoted.

I have concluded that as a human being, as a Christian, and as a minister of the Gospel, that which really matters to me and that to which I am willing to devote my time, efforts, and energy in living, in thinking, and in preaching/teaching is my--our--encounter with God.

God is and God matters.

To that end, I am starting this new blog called "The Theophany Project." Over the coming years--really, for the rest of my life--I want to pray about, think about, read about, talk about, and write about the human enounter with God and the divine encounter with humanity.

A theophany is an appearance or revelation of God. This project is all about experiencing God's appearances and revelations.

I hope you'll join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment